Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Fate Game

I know my luck is changing. (Can I get a woot woot!!!!)

I always run after work.

When I don't have a pocket to  carry my key in I intricately tie it onto my shoelace. This has always worked perfectly well...

But today my shoe felt loose, however I thought nothing of it so I kept running.

My body felt pretty exhausted from the past few work outs I had done so I did the required hill workout my coach assigned me and called it a day. (Normally, I would add four or five more miles onto it!)

When I arrived back at my car and reached down to untie my shoe to grab my key, my key was sitting next to my shoe!

AHH!

All I could think was thank god I didn't loose my freaking key running. The luck I have been having I would of lost it running and wouldn't of found it!

If I had ran those extra miles I would of lost that damn key! (I mentally noted to always listen to your body, it always makes the right choice)

I may have even done a happy dance that consisted of a fist pump and gyrating the hips to celebrate not losing my key!

I am really starting to appreciate the little things after the luck I have been having.  Before if my key had just fallen off my shoe at the end of my run I wouldn't of thought anything of it.

It is easy to take advantage of the amazing things in life when you don't have to struggle to achieve it.

And the struggles can defeat you, they can be brutal. I know I have spent many days asking what I did to deserve some of the bad luck I have had.

I thought I had some bad juju about me or karma was out to get me.

I have seriously sat and thought about past actions to try and pinpoint why I was being punished!

I am always looking for an answer for why things happen. I am constantly asking why.

I figured somewhere in my past I had done some seriously messed up things -- but I couldn't really think of anything that was that horrible!

I am a cause and effect kind of girl. It is easier to think systematically then just believe in fate and God's plan for me.

But I am starting to see that is exactly what life is. It is a series of linked events that can be altered through how you treat yourself, others and life decisions but ultimately we cannot control life.

There is a reason for the saying "Shit happens!"

I am learning to find great comfort in this. I don't have to be perfect and try to control everything. I can live life day by day, living the best that I can and work on being my best self but ultimately there is plan for me that is bigger than me that I have no control over.

So I can either weep over my bad luck and hate life (which I totally did for a while) or suck it up and find the positive in the hardest and darkest days.

As they say "The darkest hour is just before dawn".

"My fate cannot be mastered; it can only be collaborated with and thereby, to some extent, directed. Nor am I the captain of my soul; I am only its noisiest passenger." -Aldous Huxley

No comments:

Post a Comment