Monday, January 26, 2015

Running Free

So I am sitting here at my kitchen table with my legs propped up and a bag of blueberries on one knee and a bag of corn on the other.

No, just not just for the fun of it. I am weird but I am not that weird. Using frozen fruits and veggies work great for ice packs!!!

My knees are aching, my feet have also seen better days.

So much running!!! I am putting in 50+ miles a week with more intense workouts throughout the week plus weight training.

A lot of people think I am cuckoo for how much I run. But my mentality is this:


Running is the most freeing activity for me. I found myself running today and making motor boating noises as I ran up hills, I also found myself singing "Hey, Mickey".

Honestly I was cracking myself up and when I got home from my run I was pleasantly exhausted, you know that exhausted feeling where all you want to do is shower, throw on some sweats and sit on your ass? 

Yeah, that was the feeling and now that is exactly what I am doing and I couldn't imagine feeling more content. 

I almost didn't run today, when I got off work I felt wiped out! It was such a hectic day at work! I felt in a fog. I could of easily just sat down and zoned out for the rest of the day. 

But sometimes we just have to push ourselves to do the things we know that makes us healthier and happier! 

It's strange really that the healthiest things for us are the hardest things to do. It really seems like reverse logic. 

If I do A+B and it equals happiness and health then why would I do C+D which has the opposite result.

I know I am not the only person that does this. It's like some twisted human condition. I know it goes back to the idea of immediate gratification but how can we overcome the need for immediate gratification? 

I am finding a lot of self-control and determination is needed. Like A LOT! And I am still definitely learning not to choose immediate gratification over the long term gratification. 

But when I make the right decision, like I did today to go run, I never regret it and it reinforces why I am working so hard to not choose immediate gratification!

Search for those reminders and don't give up, life is too precious to waste on empty gratifications. 

"As we get past our superficial material wants and instant gratification we connect to a deeper part of ourselves, as well as to others, and the universe" -Judith Wright 

No comments:

Post a Comment