Friday, June 16, 2017

Day 2, Happiness in Relationships

Welp, I woke up to my book falling on the ground because I have become accustom to falling asleep while reading.

The loud crash jolted me awake at 5:30 I rolled over and remembered today is the day Dwayne comes home!

I am not normally someone who is all gushy about relationships. I am not a big fan of PDA, heck there are some days where I just need my own personal space and not to be touched at all. Some days I don’t even want to be around anyone!

But today my happiness blog is on relationships.

Not just my relationship with Dwayne, but all my relationships.

Over the past 10 months, really since I have been home from getting lost, I have struggled with depression, anxiety and working through trauma brain.  At one point I was pretty much convinced I was bi-polar because my mood shifts were so sever. There were days and weeks when I just felt dark but there were other times I felt like myself.

Now that I have been unemployed for 2 weeks and finally seeing the light again I realize how bad and hulled up I had been.

Relationships I normally cherished and coveted I let start to slip. Being safe in my home with no social pressure was much easier than facing the world.

But I am starting to crawl back out of my shell. I am running again with my beloved team and with close running friends again!

I am going back to my old stomping grounds and seeing my closest friends.  Last night I went back to one of my favorite bars, Barrio. The owner is a dear friend who always builds me up. As I went in I found myself shaking. I felt so bad for not having been in for so long. I was nervous.

He greeted me with his warmth and a hug. He took the time to sit down with me and get caught up. Then I got to see my old roommate, some old coworkers and other friends. I left last night feeling a little more like myself and litte less like a shell of a human being.

And I realized today that I am blessed with such incredibly strong relationships.

I have people in my life that are always reaching out for me.

I have people in my life that are patient with me.

I have people in my life that unconditionally love me.

So I dedicate today to all my amazing relationships that have kept me sane and stable when I couldn’t do it myself.


I thank and love you all, you know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment